Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation

I have been wanting to try this foundation for a while and my sister recently bought it for me.  It's a nice foundation and it matches me well, not perfectly, but not bad either.  Not being able to see a good swatch or  test out products is what keeps me away from Avon, but I guess we got lucky and ordered the right shade.
Here are some pictures:

"Nude" (for reference, I am NC15-20)

What the website claims:
INVISIBLEND TECHNOLOGY 
Avon’s exclusive patent-pending technology with skin-matching pigments in various sizes and shapes, softens light from every angle for perfectly invisible coverage. 

SPF 15.* Complete coverage that looks and feels 100% natural. Looks great from every angle. Lightweight and oil-free. Dermatologist-tested; suitable for all skin types. Convenient pump dispenser for mess-free application. 1 fl. oz.

Ingredients: scary, I know lol. It does not bother me at all. 

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 2.58%

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE 
DIMETHICONE 
WATER/EAU 
GLYCERIN 
ALUMINA 
DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER 
PEG-10 DIMETHICONE
SD ALCOHOL 40-B
DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER
TOCOPHEROL
PETROLATUM
POLYSILICONE-11
BORON NITRIDE
CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER
PHENOXYETHANOL
SODIUM CHLORIDE
ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE
CAPRYLYL METHICONE
STEARIC ACID
DISODIUM EDTA
TALC
PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE
TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE
ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE
DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE
SILICA
DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL
METHICONE
LAURETH-12
PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
METHYLPARABEN

MAY CONTAIN:
TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891
IRON OXIDES
MICA/CI 77019
BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

Price:  $11 for 1 oz (30 mL).  Can be purchased on the  Avon website or through an Avon rep. 

My thoughts: 

I like this foundation.  I am not sure if it's because of the claimed skin matching pigments,  or because I lucked out but this matches me pretty close.  I struggle with matching my skin to foundation because I am not an NC15 but I am not an NC20 either, and I am not yellow or pink and definitely not neutral.  I was able to wear this and not worry about the dreaded jawline ;) 

Coverage:
In my opinion, this is medium-full to full coverage. Definitely buildable.  It applies smoothly and evenly.  It DOES feel weighless, as if you have nothing on. That is what I love about this foundation, perfect coverage and application and the 'no makeup' feel I get from it. 

Lasting Power:
It lasted all day on me in the AZ heat. I do however, use a primer on my T-zone, and an oil controlling powder.  I have oily skin and this did not streak or aggravated the issue at all. 

Packaging: 
This is one of the things that I love the most. It has a pump that dispenses the proper amount, so there is no waste really. the bottle is also sturdy and heavy glass. 

Rating: 5/5 
I will definitely buy this again! 



Thick swatch, blended out.

I am wearing this foundation, and I used Rimmel translucent setting powder over it 



No comments:

Post a Comment