Friday, February 3, 2012

HG Face Masks!! Very Surprised :)


Hello Ladies :)

I wanted to tell you about these inexpensive masks that I recently re-discover (I used to use some of this stuff in high school....maaaaany yrs ago!). 

I actually looked into Freeman Beauty face masks because I recently got to try their peel-off cucumber mask, and although I am not a fan of that specific one (just because i kinda hate pee-off masks, no other reason), I was intrigued by the rest of their line. 

Then, while shopping at Walmart, I came across the trial pouches for $1.37, which also came with a $1 off coupon, so i grabbed 2,  the Enzyme and the clay masks. 

Needless to say, I saw results the very NEXT morning when i woke up (i used it at bedtime).  Here is what i got...

Facial Enzyme Mask-Pineapple


Website description: 
"Gently exfoliates and moisturizes with Pineapple extracts and AHA’s for a more radiant and glowing complexion. Revitalizing enzyme mask for normal to combination skin types."

Directions: Apply to face and neck, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse well with warm water. 

The texture is creamy-gel like and OMG it smells like fresh cut pineapple.  It goes on smoothly and the 'beads" it has are non existent at the beginning.  I slather it on, wait 10-15 minutes, massaging in between (by this time you will feel tiny micro sand beads, not harsh at all).  Then I rinse, and follow up with my routine skin care.

This leaves the face instantly brighter, almost "cleaner" looking.  I have acne-prone, sensitive skin, and I did not feel any burning or stinging, and I sometimes leave it on for 20 minutes. No redness or irritation. Love it! The next morning, the hubby looked at me and was like "your face looks gorgeous and bright today, why?"  Knowing him, that is a huge compliment, because he never sugar coats anything and is rather blunt..so if i ask him if i look 'fat' on some clothes, and I just know i do, he will be like YES, change your clothes! lol.


Mint and Lemon Clay Mask. 


Description
"This lemony cool clay mask helps soothe skin and reduce inflammation caused by breakouts. Helps control oil production and reduce the appearance of large pores."


Directions: apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes.  Let dry and rinse with warm water. 


This is my FAVORITE!!!  It does smell lemony and not so minty. It is a typical clay mask texture, but a little more runny, which allows for more spreading time.  I leave this on for 10-15 minutes, until it dries.  


As with the previous one, I did not experience any irritation at all, during or after the mask.  This one makes your pores look smaller right after, and your face feels like glass, yes, that smooth.   The awesomeness of this mask is that, it diminishes my existing breakouts overnight, so in the morning, my face is smoother, cleaner, and if i had any blemishes, they are visibly smaller and less red. I have yet to try it as a 'spot' treatment, but i will soon. 


I wish i can use this daily, but I cant. It does dry you out a little, not much, so its important to use a good moisturizer on 'clay mask' nights.  my skin is not super oily anymore, so its not a good idea to use it daily, however, i use this about 3 times a week, as well as the other one.


Perhaps I am using them too much, and I know that. I am trying to clear my skin up (dang MAC foundation, when will I learn? lol).  Once my skin is not broken out, i will cut back on them.  I also use Glycolic acid stuff and have had no reaction.  Of course, we are all different and know what to do and what not to do to our face.  I am so sure my dermatologist would cringe if he knew all the stuff i use, but it works, so  bleh :)


Sorry for the lengthy rave here, but i wanted to give as much detailed info as i could. If you can, give these a try, or perhaps their other masks geared toward different skin problems/types, they are a yummy treat for your face, and at $3.99 per huge tube, you cant go wrong (ahem, i had $2 off plus $3.50 off at Ulta, so i paid close to nothing lol)

1 comment:

  1. I have the anana enzyme one but I'm not sure it suits my skin type as it makes my skin tingle and burn a little ):

    ReplyDelete