Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Evil Shades Cosmetics: mini haul!

Hello :)

I recently made a small purchase form Evil Shades Cosmetics,  an indie company I have had my eyes on for a long time. I mainly wanted to try one lipstick, but I ended up buying 3 full sized ones and a few samples of other items, and  I am glad I did.   and just in case you don't feel like reading the last paragraphs, basically, i love them, and yes, i will buy full sizes soon, and more lipsticks, however, I would recommend samples first!! Let's take a look.

3 blush samples and 2 pigment samples
China Doll, Gossamer, Backtalk, Drakkon and Faerie Secrets 


Drakon , Faerie Secrets 
These shades are complex and so pretty and so very hard to photograph.  They are both
dark brown, but as you can see, they have different undertones or shifts.

No flash, this is a better picture of the actual colors
China Doll, Gossamer and Backtalk
Gossamer gives you such a pretty glow. It is a very light pink, so it can work as a highlight as well.
China Doll is amazing, gives you such a nice flushed cheek.  I have yet to try Backtalk.

Indoors

Indoors, No flash, artificial lighting.

These are the lipsticks (Deviant Lipsticks) and Gloss (Hardcore)

Schemata Deviant Lipstick, Devilista, Heartbreaker, Caged Gypsy, and Lost Kiss (gloss)
these came in clamshells as well

Schemata (with flash)" is a bold orange toned golden bronze with a subtle pink undertone".
This one is a true rose gold. very pretty and buildable.

No flash, artificial lighting
Love this one, such a happy color

Devilista.  "Cool tone red crème (Vegan red hot)"
This is like a classic true RED. So pretty and glamorous
(flash)


No flash

Heartstopper: " a flirty bold metallic hot pink"
you can see the hot pink specs of micro glitter in this one.  IT is very wearable.

Caged Gypsy "Deep rose base with glowing pink shimmer"
I LOVE this one. For me, its more like a mix between reddish brick and deep rose.  the gold is definitely there, but not sparkly or glittery at all. I LOVE IT!!
(both pics have flash, but different lighting.  The top one is more true to color)



Lost Kiss (Hardocore Lips) "soft fuchsia pink with extreme blue/violet shift"
It definitely has a violet shift, but in my opinion, it is not overpowering. Also, it can be be light or more intense. 


Left: Devilista.  Right: MAC Russian Red 


No flash.  Russian Red is deeper, and its more toned down on my lips than Devilista. 
Descriptions


"Hardcore Lips Intensely pigmented gloss. Extremely pigmented opaque coverage but with the shine of a gloss...these truly are Hardcore!"  This is not a thick, gooey, sticky gloss, its similar to a liquid lipstick, and definitely opaque and they do stay put!


"Deviant lipstick for deviant lips! These are non waxy creamy lipsticks, heavy with pigment and moisture. (Sheer shades and non vegan are noted as such)"  OK, these are my favorite.  These lipsticks are amazing. They are creamy enough to apply but opaque, non glossy and non runny. these STAY ON your lips for a long time, actually, I have to apply a light layer of balm, that is how long lasting they are.  As far as pigmentation, yes, they are very pigmented. 


Size


DeviantFull Size- Net wt. .07 oz in Skinny black tube Sample- clamshell (approximately 2-4 applications of product).  These are a little small, but I do not mind the size at all, given the fact that they are everything i look for in a lipstick.  They come in think, twist up tubes similar to lip balms.


Hardcore Lips: Sizing is pending, they are in the process of changing packaging.  the old packaging was small, like a cute mini lipgloss tube with a doe foot applicator (i think...it was a gift for a friend).  Again, price is not an issue.  I pay a lot more at MAC for a gloss or lippie, and these are just as good, so yay me!!


Blushes and Pigments


well, these are self explanatory.  I am happy with the color payoff, and i was surprised at the amount i got in a sample sized item!  I have purchased from other companies who give way less than that, so that was a pleasant surprise.  


The pigments are very nice, I loved Drakkon so much.   Needless to say, I want to try more of their lip products, of you go to their page, you will see they have a wide selection of colors, ordinary to not so ordinary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment