Monday, August 9, 2010

Mommy Makeup Concealer

Another Mommy Makeup cosmetics review. I purchased this concealer at the same time I bought the Gel liner, so that mentioned, I have tested this for some time. however, they have recently "Improved" the product, which makes me wonder if it works better...However, the previous product also claimed to be "Longwear, multi function i.e. eye primer, concealer etc"

Here is what the Website mentions:

Our NEW and IMPROVED FORMULA is still an eye shadow base, under eye concealer and face cover up all in one product! NOW it is:

•Longer wearing
•Has improved pigmentation
•Blends more easily

It glides on easily, wears for hours and hours and the pigments stay true on the skin! Available in 5 shades - Bright Eyed, Sleeping Beauty, Rested, Slept Well and Good Night, it perfectly covers any imperfections!

This incredible concealer works in 3 ways! First, wear on the lid as a shadow base or to even out any discoloration. Second, wear it as an under eye concealer and third to cover up for blemishes or imperfections on the face. This product blends beautifully and doesn't look cakey or heavy.



Here are the color options:

I use the Sleeping Beauty, which is their version of a light/light medim shade. For reference, I use MAC Studio Concealer in NC20, and if I were to be able to use foundation, I am either a C3 or NC20-30..[Breakouit with MAC :*(


This shade is a little more Neutral than the MAC Studio Fix and a lot creamier. It costs $15 for 5.7 g, and MAC is $16 for 7g, so you get a little more with MAC.



In my opinion, this concealer is la little tiny bit too neutral/dark for me but it is wearable. I did not like as an eyelid primer because i find that it creases too much; same as an under eye concealer...it settled in fine lines..not that I have any ;) lol j/k of course i do!

I rearely reach for it, but when i do is usually to conceal the nose to mouth line, or to prime my lips, hide a pimple, but i gotta say, it is not my favorite, but neither is MAC.



I have oily skin durinf the Summer, and God-knows-what during the winter, since it varies. I plan to use it when the summer is over, just so its not sitting there. I am a concealer junkie, and always looking for the perfect concealer, but unfortunately, the only one for under eye concealing that seems to work well (but not my holy grail item) is the 24hr Super Stay Concealer form Maybelline!



Anyone tried a good under eye concealer??





*Pictures and product info taken form www.mommymakeup.com




1 comment: