Thursday, January 26, 2012

Virus Insanity- My New colors

Hello Lovely Ladies :)

I have been MIA for a couple of weeks and I apologize for that.  I had a family emergency, and as soon as that was all settled, I got a horrible cold, plus school started.  Busy busy busy, but I kinda like it.  Needless to say, I have not been wearing much makeup at all, maybe some concealer on trouble spots and a quick dusting of powder and gloss, and I miss wearing my fun makeup.  Don't get me wrong, i love the "natural" look and neutral face but man, I did realize I do wear a lot of bright colors, that are perhaps a big "don't" according to beauty magazines :p   

Ok, no on to today's post.  I got a few samples of Virus Insanity Eyeshadow.  The baggies look as if they had a teeny amount of product, however, there is plenty in there, I just did not find any clam shells lying around here to pot them in.  here are the colors and swatches, and I will post a look using these perhaps later tonight or tomorrow.
VIE sample baggies 

Swatched over VIE Crazy Primer (lightly applied and dry)
Top Row:  Funshine Bear (CareBear Collection), Sookie, Frien Bear, Tinkerbell, Learn From Yesterday
Bottom: Bedtime Bear, Lafayette, Becca-ecca, Haunting, Nightmare
(Flash) 

No flash, artificial lighting, but these are close to the actual color, in fact, 
in actuality, they are a tad brighter and very much more sparkly.  

What can I say?  VIE is one of my top 2, and I have over 70 of their pigments :)  These are right up my alley and I love them!

Funshine Bear: Lemony yellow with micro fine holo sparkle.
Sookie:  This is a warm taupe with a green shift
Friend Bear: Peach with holo sparkle
Tinkerbell: Green, more like aqua-green, satiny with some sparkle
Learn From Yesterday: Pink based Purple/magenta. I see some micro fine glitter as well, maybe gold and silver
Bedtime Bear:  Blue (almost neon!) and satin finish. This is the most pigmented...amazingly pigmented.
Lafayette: dark Lavender with strong blue shift. I LOVE this one so much
Haunt: Blackened Maroon, satiny
Nightmare: Blackened Teal/Blue-Green/with Navy. very interesting color .

So what do you think? I love all the colors. I actually wore Funshine Bear, Friend Bear, and Sook with some dark brown on the outer corner, all over a bronze base (the 24hr tattoos) and it looked amazing, the bronze gave me colors a nice warm tone to them.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. All of their colors are stunning. She also has the most jaw-dropping duochromes as well ;)

      Delete
  2. Lafayette and Sookie are from my custom collection. Its Sookie not sook :) haha The True Blood Collection is aswesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how did I miss the last 2 letters?? I was looking right at it when i typed this....off to correct it. and wow, i LOVE both of them, especially Lafayette.

      Delete