Im sure you have spotted these new Suave items at your drugstore, but for me, these are a new item, literally! I found this at Target and omg, they took a while to stock them. I did not hesitate to try this, since i tend to actually be a good girl and not wash my hair daily, and since it tends to get a little oily, well, dry shampoos are a life saver.
Source Dry Shampoo Spray
Here is what Suave clamis this Dry Shampoo is capable of:
1) Salon proven to refresh hair as well as Rene Furterer® Naturia Dry Shampoo*
2) This dry shampoo spray, with mineral clay, refreshes hair to prevent a greasy feel between washes. 3) The dual benefit formula also helps re-style hair by adding lift and texture.
Stylist Recommendation: Shake can well. Hold 8-10 inches from hair. Spray directly on oily roots. Use heat from the palm of your hand to rub in excess powder. For oil prone hair, apply on first day hair is washed to give extra volume and texture as well as to absorb oil throughout the day.
For best use shake product during application. If dispenser clogs, rinse in warm water.
Here is my experience thus far:
Let me start off by mentioning that i have tried several brands...Oscar Blandi, Ojon, TGI Rockaholic, and a couple of drugstore brands such as Treseme and Salon Graphics, and the latest i have tried prior to Suave is Bed Head (i think, looks like a dupe to Rockaholic).
My experience has been ok, not too great. With every dry shampoo i have tried, i did notice my hair getting matte (no oily hair), volumized, clean scent etc, however, within a few hours my scalp would itch like Crazy!! and, lets say i ignored it all and lasted one more day, my hair would be oily by the following morning.
For this Suave shampoo...well it is simply heaven-sent! the hair gods have answered all my requests and created a dry shampoo that truly works. here is what i did:
1) i did not wash my hair for 2 days straight (eeewww lol)
2) by the 3rd morning, i was oily, so i did not wash and used this spray according to directions.
3) Immediately the oil was sucked out, hair looked clean, granted, a little matte, as it sucks out everything, but serously it was clean.
4) ***this the most important: my scalp did not feel 'grainy' and did not itch at all, none!
5) and the most shocking part is: Holy grail, i still decided to test it more, so no hair washing lol, and surprise.....i woke up to matte hair!!!!!!!!! and was out all day, sunny and a little hot here in AZ and no oil or sings of greasy yucky hair. period!
Needless to say, i think i have finally found my HG hair item. I do go a couple of days or more between whasings (its best for my thin hair) and this is just so very awesome...i could just hugh and hug its creator lol. i have sensitive scalp and to have experienced no itching for 2 full days was sshocking....and the fact that i only sprayed one day in the a.m., was out all day, and did not wash and next day i stil had clean hair!!!!!!!!! and a bonus???!!!!! this has a nice fruity sweet scent that i swaer i was smelling all day =D
For the $2.74 i paid for this huge bottle, i could not have ever asked for more. i got a thousand times more than what i paid for, and that is something i appreciate way too much =D
Hope you ladies give this a try before shelling out $18 for a top brand item ; )