Monday, October 25, 2010

My new Eyeshadow primer

Hello =D

So i came across this company a while back, but i just recently decided to try some of their stuff. Here is what i bought from The All natural Face (www.theallnaturalface.com)

Eye Primer for Oily Lids in Buff

What the company Claims:

"YES...we have all been waiting patiently for this!!!! It is ready! This stuff rocks the house! It stays on forever! I developed this exclusively for oily eyelids...but you dont have to have oily lids for this to work if you just want to use it for the buff color. It is not made with drying ingredients so it will not dry out your lids:)NUT FREE!This primer is also made a buff color to give the shadows a little more umph:) A dark buff color is also available if you want to deepen the shade of your shadows:)The primer is applied to your lid ( or under eye) before you put on your eyeshadow/liner. Then apply as you normally would ...but it gives you the freedom to play a little more...as you can bold up the color and blend much more easily and distinctly. Be careful not to use too much or too little. Apply with a shadow brush or your finger.This is a completely different look than my sealant. the sealant gives you a wet applies look...this is more muted and not wet looking. This is a cream base.This is a full 5 gram jar! It will last forever!Minerals are wonderful! this little jar means you can apply any of these minerals anywhere eyes eyeliner brow lips...oh the possibilities..like the colors...are endless: )Have a blast!..I did! hehe: "

My Verdict:

I simply LOVE this primer! I am a religious user of UDPP, but this stuff is awesome. It is infact for oily lids. I have been using it for a couple of weeks and no creasing at all! No oilly lids at all! As the description mentions, it is a muted effect, but it does not change or tone down the color of your shadows. I was shocked at the effectiveness of it. It is in a pot, so it is not too creamy and very very solid, but applied with the fingertip makes it easier to apply.

for $3 a jar, you cant go wrong. They also have them in a darker buff color and black, and for regular lids as well. I must say, I will not be purchasing UDPP anytime soon, and that $$ will go to other fun stuff =D


Mousse Foundation Primer

What they say:

"1 oz bottle is shown. List price is for 5 gram jar. Please see drop down for different size options:) I know you guys have been waiting for this;) This is the perfect base for your powder or mousse foundation. It gives a silky smooth finish to your skin that will keep your oil at bay and help your foundation to stay put. You can also set your foundation with a hydration mist if you like but this alone is fine too:) The best thing about this primer is the silky smooth feeling. You do not feel like you are wearing makeup and your skin feels softer and better than it does without makeup. You are going to love this:) Ingredients: Purified Water, Mica, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Myristate, Glycerin, Cosmocil CQ ( preservative used in contact lens solution and baby wipes), Potassium Sorbate ( food grade preservative) "

My verdict:

I bought the smallest sample size, but it was expensive for the amount i got. I received a 5gr jar and the cost was $6. I should have instead gone for the full size =/

the good: This is a mousse like in texture. very non oily and moisturizing. It applies very easy without the silicine feel and i admit, this made my face matte all day! 'nough said!

The Bad: Frikin hate the smell. OMG it stinks. Think of a milkey/cheesey smell, maybe sour milk, but it doesnt linger for too long, it is sooooo smelly LOL but i love it. out of all th primers i have tried, and trust me, i have tried many, this is by far the best ever, ever ever, but i hate the darn smell! BTW, yes, i will buy the full size LOL so if you all smell something stinky, its just me with a flawless matte face strutting along LOL


And a bunch of samples of their foundation and glows. ynfortunately, none of their colors matched at all, but after some serious mixing, i created a good match, however, i have no idea what i mixed and used =/ Their Wedding Day Glow is sooooo pretty. It reminded me of the MAC Dr. Facilier powder. not in texture but the color and glowy effect!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for the new primer!!

    ugh I hate the smell of milky rotten cheese! I loooove cheese but there is some stinky cheese out there ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you for sharing this Aranza I have oily skin so this will help and it seems very affordable too cant go wrong with a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'm pretty interested in the eyelid primer! :) I need a new one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh can't wait to check these out!

    ReplyDelete