This brand is available at Ulta.com and Ulta stores for about $4.99. I really think this is comparable to Maybelline Matte Mousse Foundation.
This foundation provides quick med/full coverage and is buildable to very full coverage. find my self reaching for this one every time I need to get out quick! One thing though, it is by far easier to apply with a brush. I did not like the application with a stippling brush, so i use the Elf Studio Line complexion Brush ($3.00 yay!) and OMG, it makes a difference. In my opinion, it covers very well, I rarely use concealer when I use this foundation. IT also blurs large pores and imperfection and it DOES give you an airbrushed look.
I set this with my own version of HUFE HD Powder...Yes, i am too cheap to spend $40 on silica powder on a labeled jar ;) so I just make my own with Silica and other powders for slip and adhesion (I cant remember the names but if anyone is interested, i will be happy to look them up). It does stay on for long, and if you have oily skin, you may need to reapply HD/setting powder a few times throughout the day.
- Quick, mess free, med/full to full coverage MATTE application
- Very affordable if you are an addict like me and love to try every single item ;)
- Blurs imperfections and pores, eliminatig the need to apply concealer.
- great for those days we gotta rush!
- Powdery finish, Light weight
- It has little oil contol, there fore, we need to reapply powder throughout the day
- it may rub off on clothes, or people you hug if you are not careful
Overall, I really like this founsdation. I think with primer it does well. I like the price though, and there are days when I just do not want to use my brand name, more expensive foundaitons.
I Would definitely buy this and other Essence items again...
**Pictures courtesy of Ulta.com