Monday, August 1, 2011

SugarPill: My first time trying them out!

Hello!

It has been a while since I posted, I know, but for some reason, I just got lazy and the fact that I didnt have a real camera was frustrating. I now have an awesome camera, and still, i took these with my cell phone.

SugarPill is well known for their bright and highly pigmented colors, and $12 per jar is not expensive, considering that it is 5g of product, therefore huge jars. Still, wanting so many colors at that price was not going to end well for my pocket, however, a group of women got together and we ordered massive quantities of each color, then split them up (one jar = 3 5g jars with approx 1g of product). Not bad eh? I got to try 6 colors for $2.40 a jar!!!!  Lets look at the colors:
Indoors/artificial light
Colors: Asbynthe, Hysteric, Birthday Girl, Lumi, Asylum, Decora
Top row: swatched over UDPP
Middle row: Bare skin/dry
Bottom Row: Swatched over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

Outside, Direct sunlight (super bright AZ sun lol)

Indoors, with Flash


My first impression was very positive. The are very pigmented, and the color truly shows when swatched over bare skin, which is a plus.   UDPP did bring up their intensity, and when i was all donce and 'rubbed' my arm clean, UDPP and Pixie Epoxy swatches were still on my arm (of course, less shimmery, but the pigment was there). 

The most 'ahhh' moment was when swatched over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. They looked very intense. PE makes them look 'foiled/wet' and if the pigment is sparkly, even better, as PE  works best with these textures.

I am so sure i am like the last person to try SugarPill, and i am glad i did. And if you are not familiar with Pixie Epoxy, i highly recommend it for your super glittery pigments, as it intensifies the color, makes it look foliled, and reduces the fallout tremendously, however, PE can be a bit difficult to work with at first, but it is totally worth it.

Needless to say, the same group of women want MORE and we will get more shades, as it is less costly this way, and besides, haing a 10gram jar of one single pigment, to me, is kinda boring lol.

Have you tried SugarPill yet? I am in the process of googling swatches to get a better idea of the color and begin building my wish list ;)

2 comments:

  1. i love the look of suparpill stuff, everything i've seen/read about them is positive stuff. Fingers crossed i'll be able to get my hands on my own one day!

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried this product !!! But looks great colors look great ;)

    Btw thanks for making me day with your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete